Perth Family & Couples Photographer
Your story is important. There is no doubt about it.
And whether you want to celebrate your love with a photo session filled with both raucous laughter and whispered sweet nothings, or you want to document your little ones as they change before your eyes - chubby rolls and beaming personalities - your story is worth documenting.
A Lifestyle Perth Portrait session will give you the unique chance to bottle up these precious memories to be preserved for a lifetime. Whether that's the two of you dancing, laughing and cuddling in the streets of Fremantle or on your favourite hike. Or it's a regular lazy Sunday at home cooking and playing and snuggling with your sweet babes.
And these photos aren't just for you! Portraits are a part of your legacy, a keepsake that you can pass from one generation to the next.
STEP ONE: BOOK YOUR SESSION
Let’s get the ball rolling by locking in a date! To choose the date, email me with up to three dates & timeslots (either morning or afternoon/evening) between the dates of March 5 and March 27 that would work for you. I’ll let you know when I’m free and send over my invoice & contract so we can lock it in!
The session fee is $AU 450*.
When deciding on dates, you should consider:
- If you’d like to have photos in a popular area – think most beaches, popular parks, etc. – weekday mornings are the best bet to beat the crowds.
- If you’d like to give prints or albums from your shoot as a gift (what a lovely idea!), you’ll need to book the shoot at least 6 weeks** prior to ensure time for printing, shipping & handling.
- The best times for light are early in the morning or an hour or two before sunset, but (if you’re booking a family session) make sure you consider your kid’s temperaments! I find mornings are almost always better, but if you have teenagers or a little one that likes their morning naps, take this into consideration.
- I adore the effect rain and overcast days have on photos – they make for the most beautiful colour and texture. That said, I know it’s not always easy or even possible to take a little one out in the rain. In case of inclement weather, I’m happy to reschedule. The same goes if one of your family members comes down with the flu, a bug or covid-19 before the session.
- I am more than happy to travel up to 4 hours from the Perth metro area! Just let me know where you’ll be and when. Any travel fees will be due alongside the session fee.
*Please note, the session fee is in addition to the collection fee!!
**Additional delays due to covid-19, floods in SA, etc. could extend delivery times.
STEP TWO: YOUR PERTH PORTRAIT SESSION
Two of the most common questions I get are, ‘what should we wear?’ and ‘how should we prepare for the shoot?’. To help you out, I’ve created separate guides for preparing for both Couples and Family Portraits. While you really don’t need to do much, I understand you want to make the most out of your portrait session, and I’m here to help!
I’ll send you my Portrait Guide once you’ve booked, and I’m always available to answer any questions via email or phone call.
Session times depend on which collection you book. Regardless of how long the shoot is, the most important thing is that you all enjoy the process and have some fun! That way, we’ll get some truly beautiful photos that capture all the personalities that make up your family.
STEP THREE: SELECT YOUR IMAGES
Within 3 weeks of your shoot, I’ll send you an email with a link to a lovely slideshow filled with your beautiful images. Take some time together to look over them, laugh about any silly expressions, and wonder at how beautiful you all are!
Once you’ve had a chance to look over your images, you can choose which ones you’d like to download (or upgrade to get all digital downloads). You’ll have a month to choose your favourite digital files (and if you book my ‘A Moment in Time’ package, you’ll have a month to choose your prints, as well!).
If you choose my Early Days or Bump to Bub packages, we’ll repeat this 2 or 3 times! Then, I’ll work with you to choose your favourite prints to be included in a lovely linen print box.
Asides from beautiful fine art photos and print boxes, I also offer a number of different products and am always more than happy to answer your questions about what’s included and what might suit your family best.
one 90-minute session
20 digital files
•• $100 print credit ••
upgrade to all digital files (50+): $100
two 60-minute sessions:
• newborn session
• 3-6 month session**
15 digital files per session
•• linen photo box with 10 fine art prints ••
upgrade to all digital files (100+): $175
**scheduled for June 2022 or October 2022 onwards
three 60-minute sessions
• newborn session
• first birthday session**
• maternity or 3-6 month session**
15 digital files per session
•• linen photo box with 15 fine art prints ••
upgrade to all digital files (150+): $250
Of course, it’s lovely to be able to share images with families and friends digitally – that’s what the downloads are for! – but photos really come to life when they are printed. Not only is the quality truly something special, but it’s so much better than leaving them to collect digital dust!
Hanging framed prints on your walls, or printing your photos in a beautiful, artisanal album, is a beautiful way of preserving your memories. It’s something you can reach for whenever you feel like to look back on all the wonderful times your family has had.
Because I really believe in the value of printing your photos, I’ve included a print credit or artisan album in each collection.