Italy Family Photographer
Your story is important. There is no doubt about it.
And whether you’ve travelled to Italy for the holiday of a lifetime, or you’ve made your home here, this part of your story is worth documenting.
A Lifestyle Family Portrait Session gives you the unique chance to bottle up these precious memories of your family to be preserved for a lifetime. From your newborn’s sweet facial expressions and movements, to your teenager’s penchant for pulling whacky faces, and everything in-between.
And it’s not just for you – family photos are a part of your legacy, a keepsake that you can pass from one generation to the next.
STEP ONE: BOOK YOUR SESSION
Let’s get the ball rolling by locking in a date! To choose the date, click on the book now link below, which will take you to my scheduling app. Here, you can book one of my available session times and pay the session fee to lock it in.
The session fee is €100*.
When deciding on dates, you should consider:
- Weekends are limited and far more popular
- If you’d like to have photos in front of the city’s most popular tourist attractions – think the Duomo di Milano or Rome’s Trevi Fountain – weekday mornings are the best bet to beat the crowds.
- If you’d like to give prints or albums from your shoot as a gift (what a lovely idea!), you’ll need to book the shoot at least 6 weeks prior to ensure time for printing, shipping & handling.
- The best times for light are early in the morning or an hour or two before sunset, but make sure you consider your kid’s temperaments! I find mornings are almost always better, but if you have teenagers or a little one that likes their morning naps, take this into consideration.
- I adore the effect rain and overcast days have on photos – they make for the most beautiful colour and texture. That said, I know it’s not always easy or even possible to take a little one out in the rain. In case of inclement weather, I’m happy to reschedule. The same goes if one of your family members comes down with the flu or a bug before the session.
- I am more than happy to travel! Just let me know where you’ll be and when. In that case, I’ll create a custom listing on my scheduling app for you, and any travel fees will be due alongside the session fee.
*Please note, the session fee is in addition to the collection fee.
STEP TWO: LET'S TAKE SOME PHOTOS
Two of the most common questions I get are, ‘what should we wear?’ and ‘how should we prepare for the shoot?’. To help you out, I’ve created a guide to preparing for Family Portraits. While you really don’t need to do much, I understand you want to make the most out of your portrait session, and I’m here to help.
I’ll send you my Family Portraits Guide once you’ve booked, and I’m always available to answer any questions via email or phone call.
Session times depend on which collection you book. Regardless of how long the shoot is, the most important thing is that you all enjoy the process and have some fun! That way, we’ll get some truly beautiful photos that capture all the personalities that make up your family.
STEP THREE: SELECT YOUR IMAGES
Within 3 weeks of your shoot, I’ll send you an email with a link to a lovely slideshow filled with your beautiful images. Take some time as a family to look over them, laugh about any silly expressions and wonder at how beautiful you all are!
Once you’ve had a chance to look over your images, you can choose which ones you’d like to download (or upgrade to get all digital downloads). You’ll have a month to choose your favourite digital files (and if you book my ‘A Moment in Time’ package, you’ll have a month to choose your prints, as well!).
If you choose my Early Days or Bump to Bub packages, we’ll repeat this 2 or 3 times! Then, I’ll work with you design a beautiful photo book so that you can really enjoy these images.
Asides from beautiful fine art photo books and albums, I also offer a number of different products and am always more than happy to answer your questions about what’s included and what might suit your family best.
one 90-minute session
20 digital files
•• €50 print credit ••
upgrade to all digital files (50+): €50
two 60-minute sessions:
• newborn session
• 3-6 month session
15 digital files per session
•• hardcover linen photo book ••
upgrade to all digital files (100+): €100
three 60-minute sessions
• newborn session
• first birthday session
• maternity or 3-6 month session
15 digital files per session
•• linen fine art photo album ••
upgrade to all digital files (150+): €150
Of course, it’s lovely to be able to share images with families and friends digitally – that’s what the downloads are for! – but photos really come to life when they are printed. Not only is the quality truly something special, but it’s so much better than leaving them to collect digital dust!
Hanging framed prints on your walls, or printing your photos in a beautiful, artisanal album, is a beautiful way of preserving your memories. It’s something you can reach for whenever you feel like to look back on all the wonderful times your family has had.
Because I really believe in the value of printing your photos, I’ve included a print credit in each collection.